4/30/10

The Last Machine

I seldom listen to songs after I finish them. I think it’s because I always feel the need to move on after I write them, or they were just so brutally painful at the time of writing that I just have to get away from it. Someone emailed me today saying they watched a video that one of our friends Jools on here made for the STEVER song, "The Last Machine" so I went and looked at the video on youtube again. She did a great job on it. I found myself looking at the lyrics again too, thinking how belligerent I was at that time, but you know I found that standing my ground when I was literally on the brink of death was my final choice, not my optimal choice. And I think I’m ok with it. ‘Firming up’ is a step and for me it was the bridge to my survival. I thought I’d share the lyrics here. I read them today pretending I didn’t write them and I gained a new perspective on The Last Machine and how important that song was for my healing. It really was my decision to be alive! Think I need to spend some time with the other songs on the record too, maybe I will find a new perspective now.

The Last Machine

I’m number 42328043 and I’m quarantined convening in between a bleeding team
Misleading Hallowe’en, the pumpkin seeds are centipedes that breed
There’s nothing left to eat in the world of silent leaves but in the concave side of my spoon
I’m bigger than you.
I’m not running in the opposite direction, I’m the last one standing
Time has come to make you see
They’ve all been dragged from me, steal them while I sleep
and I’m the last machine, completely overheated anarchy
Misleading entity, superseding paranormal beings
There’s nothing left to eat in the world of silent leaves but in the concave side of this spoon
I’m bigger than you.
I’m not running in the opposite direction, I’m the last one standing
Time has come to make you see who controls your destiny. Who controls your destiny?
Do you control your destiny?
You didn’t know when you left a skeleton that she would wake from emaciation
No threat of danger or crucifixion, hell’s just for those who face their condemnation
You didn’t know when you left my skeleton that I could haunt you without my ghost
Those objects in your side of the spoon are much bigger than you
I’m not running, it was a long time coming and now I’m left here standing
your time has come, I’m gonna make you see
I’m not running in the opposite direction, I’m the last one standing
Time has come to make you see you’re going in the wrong direction
I’m not running in the opposite direction, I’m the last one standing
Time has come to make you see you’re going in the wrong direction
Who controls your destiny? Who controls your destiny?
Do you control your destiny?
I’m not running…

1 comment:

  1. Your so right~! music heals ~! That song rocks ~! cool video too ~!
    you so rcok... thanks for sharing another part of you... you also got great insite ~!

    ReplyDelete