8/27/10

Thank you ever so much…


I just wanted to write a note to extend an extra thank you to everyone who is making the STEVER; PUBLIC PLAYGROUND project (where we work on a song from the ground up together) a great community experience!
Below are Thursday’s videos (I am putting new ones up every day for 6 pm PDT) just to give you an example of how cool this has been. Frank Gryner is in the videos with me. Frank did the ‘Playground Isolator’ record with me and many of you may know him from his work on Zombie’s ‘Hellbilly Deluxe’ and ‘Sinister Urge’ records. We are working on other music for STEVER outside of thepublicrecord.com but the community song will be the first time I have done a publicized collaboration.
It’s been great getting to know you all through the concept ideas you have all been sending! I’ve been smiling, teary, nostalgic and creatively uplifted by the tons of submissions so far!
This Sunday night will be the end of Phase 1 which is where you can send me a ‘Working Title’ and ‘Song Synopsis’. I will be writing lyrics all of next week from the ideas I have received and then I will upload a vocal for you to put drums on, followed by weeks of guitar, bass and overdub submissions.
I encourage everyone to participate even if you don’t do music. In the following weeks, I want to brainstorm with you about how the visual for the song will happen. I will welcome video editors, artwork etc. This is all charity-based and any proceeds that come from this project will go to charity, but you guys get to decide which charity that is by submitting a video of you pitching your favorite charity to our community.












Outside all of that, I would love to see a video where you say hello to me so we can connect on a new level. Cool? ;)
Our collaboration page is;
thepublicrecord.com/Stever
ROCK ON my friends!
Karen :)
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” ~Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment