9/17/09

Ah, Philosophy!

Today’s Deep Thoughts;

"Every man supposes himself not to be fully understood or appreciated." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

For many years, it seemed to me that everyone wanted to be right. Then, I thought we all just wanted to be heard. But what if we actually stopped worrying about being understood or appreciated? Could we then be truly free? Should being understood or appreciated be the only goal for why we do anything? Maybe it's the way we communicate which is causing us to assume we aren't either one and really...we are or at least could be? After all, how does someone understand us if we don’t communicate?

Perhaps it’s that being appreciated is the less important one. I always thought it to be but the more I think about it, I’m not sure it even matters in the larger scope of things. I think it’s why some people are able to give anonymously without having their name on the wall of the new wing at the hospital.

I dunno, I think too much. ;)
Hope your day ROCKS!
Karen :)

I thought this one he said rocked too;

“Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons.”~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment