9/17/09

Breaking the Annoying Cycle

Since it’s becoming especially warm out right now, I have to have the windows open all the time. While I love to hear the birds and other things in nature, there are a few things I could do without. One is a child across the way that cries and whines every night that it’s bedtime, the other is an argument a man and wife get in while they are arriving home from work. It’s every single day!

I honestly wonder if these people are even aware that they are stuck in a ritual or if they think each one is an isolated incident.

I think all of us have experienced or are currently in the middle of a negative ritual. This could be that every time you ask a child to clean their room, it’s met with a wall. Maybe every morning, you are upset your spouse isn’t helping out with the morning chores and you start to sound like a skipping record.

It’s absolutely insane that we will go through the exact same arguments day in, day out. I think we must know the same thing is going to happen at 8 pm tomorrow night, but we throw ourselves in full force and obsess over the same sentences.

I guess the question is, how do we break the annoying cycle? Sadly, I see more people just start shutting down or shutting it off as opposed to changing anything in an effort to move past it. I think it takes one person to be the bigger person and step up.

So, next question; who should it be?

Karen :)

This seems like the obvious choice for quote here;

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”.~Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment